In this week’s podcast episode #45 we are very excited to have as our guest, Richard J. Wolff, RD, LDN
Richard has dedicated his life to helping people live well. He earned a degree in nutritional sciences from the College of Health and Human Sciences at Northern Illinois University and has taught at one of America’s top 100 hospitals. As a registered dietitian and licensed nutritionist, Richard serves on the Health and Wellness Advisory Board at Northern Illinois University and is an adjunct faculty in the graduate school of nutrition. Richard completed an internship in medical nutrition therapy at Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Chicago, IL.
After 21 years in the fitness business with his brothers Richard founded MEDFITNESS in 2009. MEDFITNESS is a strength training studio that specializes in efficient, evidence-based personal training. Their core focus is On-Demand Strength Training (TM). A training system they developed that provides personal training without appointments or high prices. They supervise over 1000 strength workouts per month and have been featured in Club Industry and Neighbors Magazines for their innovative approach to strength training. Their core purpose is to make life better with innovative strength training programs.
Here are the six things that support the execution and management of the MEDFITNESS On-Demand Strength Training™ system.
1.Simple Workouts: They have several workouts that clients rotate between, making it simple to move clients from exercise to exercise. This allows the trainer to focus on what matters most – coaching!
2. Standardized Training: They use a standard repetition cadence, and range. This makes it easier for one trainer to move between clients, and provide relevant coaching.
3. Scheduled Shifts: This type of training can be offered within a limited time range, and on certain days of the week. For example, you could begin by offering on-demand training on Monday and Thursday from 8 AM to 12 PM, then add more shifts as enrollment increases.
4. Coaching Formula: They have created a Coaching Formula that combines one-on-one and group coaching to effectively coach every client on every exercise.
5. Weekly Accountability: At the end of each workout, they verbally confirm the next workout date, and make phone calls to clients who drop below attendance standards every 14 days.
6. Progress Reports: They provide clients printed Progress Reports that measures progression against goals set at the beginning of the program.
TAKU’s NOTE: Richard Wolf of MEDFITNESS has been in the strength training business for over 30 years. He produces some great content on his YouTube Channel (check out the video below for a sample). Jesse and I were lucky enough to meet Richard at the the 2019 R.E.C. If you’re in the Chicago area I highly recommend that you stop in for a workout.